DESIGNED FOR ACTION
Pablo was born in Buenos Aires, a fifth-generation Irish Argentine, with the sport running in his veins. His great-grandfather was active in equine husbandry, and was deemed such a consummate ‘gaucho’ that his obituary in one newspaper stated that ‘It was rare to find a man who could ‘throw the loop’ as deftly and as surely...’
The movement at the heart of the RM 53-01 rests on two, braided steel cables just 0.27 mm in diameter. The tensioning of these cables is accomplished utilising 10 pulleys and 4 tensioners affixed to the peripheral baseplate and to each side of the main bridge. The cables run through the tackle pulley system and are attached to the tensioners on the other side. The watchmaker tensions the system by tightening a spline screw located at the centre of each tensioner. The pulleys ensure that the tension of the cable remains constant, and therefore that the system is balanced. Designed to sit suspended within the case, the calibre RM53-01 can withstand shocks exceeding 5,000 g’s.
- Movement dimensions : 31.94 x 30.26 mm
- Thickness : 6.35 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.40 mm
- Balance diameter: 10.00 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance wheel: Glucydur®, 2 arms and 4 setting screw, moment of inertia : 11.50 mg.cm 2, lift angle 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: elinvar by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer® (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following properties: stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering
LAMINATED SAPPHIRE GLASS
As everyone knows, Polo is a gentleman’s sport, however, the elegance it is reputed for by no means cancels out the extraordinary violence of its confrontations between players, or their horses.
After the first armoured solution created to grace the wrist of Pablo Mac Donough, this new incarnation of the Polo collection is the fruit of exhaustive fieldwork and thousands of hours of Research & Development.